For decades Wall Street firms have focused their marketing and investor recommendations on securities products. Not surprisingly, securities products tend to be highly commissioned and rarely perform as well as traditional asset classes such as bonds, equities or cash. Many products seem easy to understand and are marketed to investors as safe alternatives to bonds or the stock market. These representations are all too often misleading and the products themselves may be baskets of risky financial instruments that most investors would never purchase.
Aidikoff, Uhl & Bakhtiari has represented investors with securities related product failures in these as well as other matters.
- Auction Rate Securities
- Auto-callable Notes Tied to FANG and Technology Stocks
- Business Development Companies (BDCs)
- CMOs & CDOs
- Hedge Funds
- Leveraged and Inverse ETFs
- Master Limited Partnerships
- Mortgage Backed Securities
- REITs – Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Structured Notes
- TICs – Tenant In Common Investments
- UITs – Unit Investment Trusts